4 chicken legs (de-skinned)
1 butternut squash (chopped into cubes)
4 garlic gloves (crushed or chopped, whichever is easiest)
100g of button mushrooms (chopped)
4 large carrots (sliced about 1cm thick)
300ml of vegetable stock
3 bay leaves
150ml of white wine (of your choice)
Mixed spice (about 1/2 teaspoon)
Mixed herbs (about 1 teaspoon)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange your chicken legs at the bottom of your slow cooker dish. You may need to do a bit of squishing to get them to fit.
- Place bay leaves on top with mixed spice and mixed herbs sprinkled on top of all the chicken.
- Add carrots and then butternut squash.
- Add mushrooms to the top of that.
- Make up your stock, stir in the wine and the crushed garlic. Mix well and pour all over the vegetables and meat.
- Cover and cook on ‘High’ for 4 hours.
- You may need to add cornflour to thicken up the sauce, it varies from slow cooker to slow cooker. (I have to in ours, but my friends cooker will thicken up their sauces nicely.)
- Season to taste.
You can tell it’s done as the meat will just fall off the bone. (Remember to pick them out before you eat it) Serve with roast vegetables or dollops of mashed potato.