For this hobby you will need:
- Chalkboard paint (or spray)
- a paintbrush
- some lollipop/ice cream sticks
- paper to protect your work suface
- Paint one side of the lollipop sticks. (You can dollop the paint on quite thickly but try to keep the finish as smooth as possible otherwise you’ll find them hard to write on)
- Leave to dry according to manufacturers instructions.
- Paint the other side and the edges and leave to dry.
- Using chalk/chalkboard pens/paint pens decorate
I used a paint pen as it give my text a permanency (which is good as a) they’re going to be outside enjoying this lovely British summer and b) I’m planting the same things next year so I can re-use them). (Of course, you can always paint over them for next year.)
- Put in your pots and wait for your seeds to grow
And you can’t get much simpler than that!